- Made of cast aluminum
- Safe in plastic tanks and buckets
For Best Results:
- Keep the deicer to one side of the tank
- Install a partial cover over the opposite half
- Elevate the heater on a concrete block for best results
- Keep tank out of areas with high winds if possible
- 250 W will keep 5 gallons of water open in -20C
- 500 W will keep 25 gallons of water open in -20C
To Test Unit:
- Set the unit in a freezer or outside if the air temperature is below 0C.
- Leave it for 1 hour.
- After an hour, plug unit in to a working receptacle and hold it by the supply cord. The unit should start to heat up within seconds.
- Unplug and cool down. The unit is working properly.